Monday 20 April 2015

All things bright and cuddly

(Bear selfie!!)

It is now Monday, the day that all our bears were to be collected and driven up north to that special little boy Finlay to help beat that record! They had all been packed away, and what a journey it has been!! When i first put a shout out for teddy bears, i thought the maximum i may get would be 100, if that. Never would I thought that others would join in, businesses, other charities, people rummaging through their homes to try and find bears to help little Finlay!! The most thankful I can be to everyone at the Swindon Scrapstore for being the main collection point, for Beni the bear for rounding up all your little bear friends and for FLIC Wiltshire for breaking the story and keeping it in the current news. As well as Nuffield for being a collection point also for the little guys. So the grand total is.....


How amazing is this?!!! Seeing how at last count he only needed 800 more to break the record, we have contributed 3/4 of that, from a little town called Swindon!! I am so proud of how we have all come together to help someones dream come true!!!

(You can read the story on FLIC at- http://www.flicwiltshire.com/Community/Charity/Generous-Swindon-people-donate-tons-of-teddies-for-brave-Fin.aspx#.VTVvayvF9Ba) 

They are very happy back at #opteddybear headquarters!!


I am so happy that I can use my title for the greater good, raise awareness and help others! This is what competitng in pageants is actually for, for charity, to help others who are in more need that you! People are often suprised at the amount of work we do, and the selflessness of some of our actions. For example, I have given away my Face of the Globe ballgown I wore in Paris last year, to someone who needs it more than I do. People were commenting why dont you ask for money, but to make someones day is all the payment you need! And it turns out they will be donating to the Rainbow CHild Foundation so two great things!!!

(#bearlove)

I also have some very exciting news, I have been asked to be an official Bear Patron of The Beni Bear Club. I'm so honoured and excited!!! I will be helping Beni the bear with all his charity efforts, to help the children and to spread his message! He is such a fab bear, he made Finlay a very special bear (called the Awesome-bears which come with an instruction guide on their duties and extra cuddles) to take with him to hospital. This is such an amazing thing to do and so much dedication from the lady behind Beni the bear (Beni's mummy). They should be very proud of themselves! I will wear my wristband and pin with pride!! I have been asked to help judge the princess and prince fancy dress competition at the Autism Fundraising family day (3rd May, 12-4 at Swindon Rugby Club Greenbridge) which I am very excited to be dressing up and helping!!! As well as lots of exciting projects along the way!!
(Spinathon!!)

Now that all the bears have been collected, I know now draw my attention to my fundraising event for the Rainbow Child Foundation. I am doing a spinathon, might as well use my spinning knowledge, and inviting you all to come along and help raise some funds whilst trimming down for summer!!! It will be at Nuffield Health on bank holiday monday 4th May, non members are welcome as well as long as you reserve your space! Will be setting up a just giving page shortly, if you want to sponsor me to complete it (come on 3 hours is a long time on a bike!!!) or just donate then please let me know! I will also be selling some clothes and dresses to raise some more funds!!! 

(Backstage SW finals 2013- excited to see some familiar faces!)

So a very exciting week i've had and it's only Monday! I still have the opening of PappdomS with the Wiltshire Beauty Queens, Charity fun days, dress fittings for fashion shows, spinathons, more charity events, weddings, my birthday and then the finals!!! Time flies when you are covered in sequins!!!
Lots of love
Hannah
x <3 x

Face of the Globe South West Finalist 2015

Like on facebook: facebook.com/hannahgoldingbeautyqueen
Tweet on twitter: @Englandperfectm
Follow on Instagram: @hannahbarbieg

No comments:

Post a Comment