Sunday 28 July 2013

Every moment is a pageant moment

(Page 3 of the Swindon Advertiser)

Every pageant girl knows there is always an opportunity for promotion, to help people and to get your name and pageant system across. I remember when I was Miss Swindon (I know, such a long time ago, should reaaallly stop going on about it). I used to always carry my sash around with me whenever I went, as you never knew what or who you would bump in to!! And I am the queen of multitasking as everyone will say, I'm always doing so many studies, pageants, work all at once! The paper put my abseil on Page 3 (keep it clean!) and it still amazes me that I completed it!!

(My beautiful ballgown from Rachel's Weddings)

Now I said about my amazing news that Rachel's Wedding's were sponsoring me an ballgown for the Face of the Globe finals, well not only did she give me this amazing ballgown, but also a cocktail dress for the cocktail round as well as another cocktail dress for personal appearances, for me to KEEP!! Amazing!! Speechless how kind Rachel has been. She said it was to thank me for everything I had done, helping model at her wedding fayres, opening her shop and with her charity events. As a pageant girl, i believe in helping the community, I do it for the love, not for what you can get out of it. That's why it is such an amazing act of kindness to give me three dresses to keep for myself, which saves so much money which can go towards my sponsorship costs for the finals.

(My sponsored dresses!!)

I knew as soon as I saw the ballgown out of the selection of dresses for me that I had found "the one". The colour was amazing, the neckline suited and it was big and princessey!! No need to try on the other dresses! Rachel knew I would chose this dress, which was why it was the first one out! I had tried the pink cocktail dress at the launch of the shop back in October 2012 and wanted to buy it then! But I didn't need it and sadly had to put it away, but now I needed a pink cocktail dress and so happy to be able to swish this about on stage! The gorgeous green cocktail dress Ruth (Miss Wiltshire 2012) modelled at one of the wedding fayres so I'm happy to have this sparkly beauty in my wardrobe!! If anyone is looking for a prom, evening, bridesmaid, wedding or mother of the bride dress then go to www.Rachelsweddings.org or visit in person as it's such a cute little shop and such a great service!!


 From this I am also doing a wedding photoshoot at the Menzies Hotel on the 5th August where I get to marry a young, hot model (oh the perks of my job hey!). I've modeled wedding dresses before but never a male/female shoot so this will be an experience, and a great addition to my portfolio! Also on the 17th August Mia Solona are bringing down their new collection to the shop for people to be able to try on the collection, and get some great deals. I've been asked to model this collection! Another chance to wear wedding dresses and look pretty, it's SUCH a hard life!!
(With the owner of Ganges- who are part sponsoring me!)

As soon as I had finished trying on beautiful dresses, I then travelled to Royal Wootton Bassett to meet with the owners of Ganges Indian Restaurant who have kindly sponsored £100 towards to sponsorship cost. They also cooked me an amazing three course meal, although eating by myself led to people thinking I had been stood up on a date.... But the food was out of this world, especially dessert which was a mango ice-cream sorbet creation and it was amazing! Ganges will be celebrating 20 years in business this November in which I have been invited to help celebrate!! Feel very blessed to have my title open more doors for me in different communities!!

This weekend I got to open an amazing Vintage shop called Michia Mia in the Brunel Centre. I squeezed into a 70s halterneck jumpsuit and made a toast to open the shop! It looks amazing and very eco friendly! Plus sales go to help charities in Nepal. Pictures will follow but go check them out!!!

(Promotion for promotion, work and pageants at Oxjam- a music charity event!)

Back to the orginal start of this blog, bringing your sash everywhere. This saturday I was promoting for my workplace, the Brunel Rooms (Opens 1st August y'all) and we had a chance to talk at the charity event and help. There is going to be a big oxjam event in October, held at the MECA which will be great to help out at!! 

(Going to Disney- Picture by Paul Carroll)

I also got the images back from the official photographer Paul Carroll and just had to share this! My top 5 speech, "I'm going to Disneyland!!". I love all the pictures and they show what an amazing day I had. I can't wait to keep making appearances, raising money and helping my community! Go South West!!

(Remember to never take life too seriously, enjoy the moments!)

Follow me on twitter- EnglandPerfectM
Find me on facebook-  https://www.facebook.com/HannahGoldingBeautyQueen


No comments:

Post a Comment