Tuesday 9 July 2013

Miss England finals, Armed Forces Day and Disneyland???!!


(At the Old Town Festival, being photobombed by Peppa Pig)

Since the Miss Wiltshire finals, life has been a bit hetitc for myself with my new job as Head of Promotions for Soda Swindon (https://www.facebook.com/SodaSwindon?fref=ts) that pageant's have taken a back step. But Swindon have still seen this pageant girl! I was honoured to be asked as a special guest at the Old Town Festival Parade! I got to ride in the Swindon Adver Vintage Bus and help judge the parade contestants! It was a gorgeous day and I loved wearing my ballgown again!!


(Wiltshire Beauty Queens at the Miss England Finals)

Pageant time in June. This time I was the supporter, not the competitor! Myself, Ruth (Former Miss Wiltshire) and Georgia (Miss Charity Heart UK) travelled down to Devon to support former Miss Swindon Ela Good as she competed in the Miss England finals!! The eventful trip down and the eventful trip of getting into the finals will be one to tell the grandkids for sure! But we made it! Dressed in our evening gowns, cheering and whooping on! The final was amazing to watch, but heartbreaking knowing I can never compete in Miss England! Ela sadly didn't win or come Top 15 but she had an amazing time and did Swindon proud!!


(With Miss Swindon 2013 and the Swindon Mayor)

Even though I hold no title, I am still a part of the community representing my past titles! I still get recognised today as a Miss Swindon, even people asking for an autograph when I was working out at Kiss Gyms!! Coming from a military background I always support the Armed Forces Day and this year myself and the new Miss Swindon 2013 Jade attended the Armed Forces Day in Swindon Town Centre where we met the Mayor, had our picture taken with lots of children (and big children) as well as find out information about what we could do to help military charities. And I may have signed up to join the TA haha.

(Armed Forces Day 2013)


But my pageant journey hasn't ended yet! I have some exciting news!! I am a finalist in the South West England heats of Face of the Globe, THIS Saturday in Bristol!!



I am so excited to compete again and have wanted to do this pageant for a long time, especially as the Grand Finals are at Disneyland!! I have never been to Disneyland so it would literally be a dream come true!! There are three rounds, as well as the "rainbow round". So i decided to be a bit creative (lets hope the judges can't see my sewing skills, shocking) and made my own rainbow playsuit out of flags!

(Homemade Rainbow Dress- Who said pageants have to be expensive?!)

Can;t wait to wear it!! The countdown has began, get to see some old pageant friends faces again and a great day out in Bristol! How I could stop pageants is beyond me, it really is  a lifestyle choice! My fab sponsors for this event are my fav photography page CMG Photography and hairstylist who did my amazing hair at the Miss Wiltshire finals, Trinity Styling! Mwah! Now to get some last minute training done at my fav gym Kiss Gyms.Fingers crossed everyone! ANd if you really love me you can vote by liking this image (after first liking the page).https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=408544669265059&set=t.559240382&type=1&theater

x <3 x
Follow me on twitter: EnglandPerfectM

No comments:

Post a Comment