Wednesday 17 July 2013

I'm going to Disneyland!!!


In my last blog I talked about making the South West finals for the Face of the Globe! Today I will tell the tale! My day started very early after having just three hours sleep from finishing work at 3 in the morning. I started the day by reading the fab article in my local paper, the Swindon Advertiser with a fab picture from my sponsors CMG Photography. I got the train and then my other fab sponsor, Trinity Styling picked me up ready for a fun day of rehearsals!

(Rehearsing) 

I met some great girls and we had tons of fun even though it was SO hot, literally must of sweated half a stone off me! We went through our walks and the snake! Then we had time to chill which of course myself and a couple of girls chilled in the Bristol Rovers Stadium and tanned whilst catching up on pageant life! It's amazing who knows who on the pageant circuit and I love catching up with old friends!! Hair in rollers, eyelashings glued on, naps happening! Soon it was go time! The first round was pink tshirts, then rainbow round and finally evening gowns with our set questions!
(All the seniors in their Pink T-shirts)

The T-shirt round went great apart from a little stumble in my heels at the end of the walk, I don't think anyone noticed but I laughed it off! Then came the rainbow round. I made my own playsuit out of rainbow flags, and me and Amelia made our own dance routine at the judges panel to show off a bit of fun to the round! We loved it!  I couldn't help but dance!

(Rainbow Round)

Then evening round, I love my evening gown and made sure I remembered every moment of being on that stage. My question's were, what is the most craziest thing I have ever done, as well as what would I do for their chosen charities. I told everyone about the time on holiday where we rented a speed boat, and it broke down, leaving us to be rescued by an Ice cream man boat. Also about abseiling for charity, which myself and Miss Swindon 2013 are going to be doing THIS Sunday in our ballgowns! We love a challenge. THe second question I talked about Wiltshire Beauty Queens and what we do in our community to help charity. Then all we had to do was wait, we had done our parts, they had to judge our scores and see who was Top 5, the team going to Disneyland.

(All three rounds, action shots!)

By then I had had so much redbull I was literally buzzing, waiting nervously as the results came in!! When my name was called, I was not expecting it at all. You always sit there and pray that they call your name, but there were so many beautiful girls I was thinking no. So when they actually call your name, you think you've imagined it! The first thing I said was, "i'm going to Disneyland!!!" then talked about myself and my dreams. I didn't win overall, that went to the lovely Jessica but I am still part of Team South West which means I am a finalist at the Face of the Globe finals! I AM GOING TO DISNEYLAND!!!  I am like a little child, I have never been and I love Disney! I can not wait to compete!

(Top 5, Team South West!)

However because I didn't win, my tip needs to be sponsored (which totals £579) as well as sponsors for dresses, hair, nails and make up. As much support as Swindon can give!! I would love to represent my town and county of Wiltshire in an international final!!! The finals are in October and they include fancy dress party, gala dinners and the finals! I'm so excited, this will be a dream come true!!!

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/10554663.Queen_nears_beauty_finals/?ref=mmsp)

I have even made the front of the Swindon Advertiser website (with the paper version coming out tomorrow) about the finals, I cant wait to make Swindon proud! I've been competing for Swindon and WIltshire for 4 years, and will not stop! I have lots of charity ideas to raise funds for Face of The Globe's chosen charity, any more would be appreciated! I want to raise as much as I can and do as much as I can! You are soon going to get sick of this face!!

(Waiting to start! Pageant love)
Follow me on Twitter- EnglandperfectM
Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/HannahGoldingBeautyQueen

No comments:

Post a Comment