Sunday 21 July 2013

I regularly walk down tall buildings in an evening gown and sash yes!


Busy, busy, busy! As soon as the article appeared for sponsorship for the Face of The Globe finals, I was contacted to come on the Swindon 105.5 show to talk about sponsorship, pageants and my job. I love coming to the Swindon 105.5 studios, with Liz and Shirley making me feel at ease and conversation flowed like we were just having a natter in a coffee shop! We talked about the finals, about pageants in general and what they undertake. Society still see's pageants as a superficial contest which only judges on looks. Well I love proving them wrong. Pageants are all about making a difference, the glamourous finals are just a small part of the whole journey! Most of the work is done for social media, promoting your cause, helping your community and creating friendships with the unlikeliest people. I have been doing pageants for 4 years now and have such a diverse group of friends and contacts, as well as doing some amazing things in my community. They are a great way of getting your name out there, I wouldn't of got my job in promotions if it wasn't for my pageant experience!

(Modelling at one of Rachel's Wedding Fayre)

I had some great news after the article was published. A phone call from an old friend Rachel, who I have modelled for in the past as well as help open her Rachel's Wedding shop phoned me after seeing I was looking for sponsors of all kinds to help. She has offered me a FREE dress to keep for the final! I have enough evening gowns (who am i kidding, i don't but for practicality i do) but for the evening gown round in this final, it's princess style! I don't own a princess style dress and at my prom, my dress was a slinky dress so no ballgowns. This is amazing news and I can't wait to try on what will be my princess gown for the Face of The Globe finals! One thing ticked off the list, just that cocktail dress to find!! If you need an evening or wedding dress, check out -http://www.rachelsweddings.org/. I have also been asked to model in a wedding feature brochure for the Menzies Hotel in Rachel's dresses! Exciting!

(Swindon Adver piece which got me dress sponsorship and donations!)

I also had a phonecall from Ganges Restaurant in Royal Wootton Bassett, where I spent a brief spell living in, who had seen the piece in the paper and offered me £100 sponsorship towards my trip! I'm so excited and meeting them Wednesday, also having some great food cooked for me! Check them out here- http://www.ganges.co.uk/.


(At the top of Jury's Inn, 130ft in Swindon)

So it's not every day you abseil down a hotel over 130ft tall in a evening gown and sash (ballgowns were out due to health and safety). I abseiled for Prospect Hospice, a great charity helping terminal patients live out their finals days comfortably as well as offer family and friends vital support. The Swindon Adver came along and took some shots too! To say I was nervous is an understatement! I am so scared of heights, they are not my favorite thing in the world, and last time I completed an abseil it was a shorted distance and i stood in tears of fear at the start. However I was so happy with myself that after the first nerves (don't look down they say!) i managed to complete it with no troubles!!

(Pictures and my certificate, proof!)

I can't wait for next year!! 


(Evening gown abseiling)
The fun doesn't stop there! Check out Swindon Advertiser this week for that story. I've also been asked to open a new vintage shop in town called Miche Niche. This looks to be a great store promoting recycled (vintage) clothes, as well as money being donated to charity! Perfect! Fashion that cares! Check out the site here- http://www.miche-niche.co.uk/!!

(Grand Finalist- At The South West Heats)
I am still looking for donations and sponsors to help me to be able to compete in the international finals. I have set up a page http://www.gofundme.com/3nrq60 in which you can donate. I'm also looking for ideas on fundraising as well as other sponsors such as hair, shoes, travel, etc!! I can not wait!

Follow me on twitter- EnglandPerfectM
Find me on facebook-  https://www.facebook.com/HannahGoldingBeautyQueen

No comments:

Post a Comment