Wednesday 8 June 2016

Time flys when you're stacking up the air miles!


(FOTG Internationals- Rehearsals)
 
 
It has been too long since I've written a blog entry about myself! Lately I have been writing about different pageant topics for the amazing pageant magazine Miss Natural Sparkle (so far about the curvy pageant girls, thrifty pageant girls and of course other pageant related materials). I've had the best pageant year I could of had this year and I am about to share all those sparkly details with you!
 
 
(Girlies backstage at the FOTG Finals in Paris)
 
First of all, I competed in the Face of the Globe International finals for the second time in my lifetime and let me tell you, it was AMAZING! Exhausting but amazing! I'm very happy to tell you I placed 7th overall, when my name was called for Top Ten I literally could not believe it! I screamed even louder when my Wiltshire Beauty Queen Ruth was called next!!! (She finished 2nd and will be back next year as Face of the Year, and she will kick pageant butt!!). Overall I raised £1230 for the Rainbow Child Foundation, I came 7th in Charity, 7th in Publicity, joint 8th in photogenic, joint 9th in congeniality so pretty much my best placing yet!!!! I met some amazing girls also, Bianca and Celene my pageant wolf pack as well as reuniting with Fiona and Alice my South West sisters, and of course my Paris buddies Stephanie and Natasha who gave me endless laughs around Disneyland and on the coach home. that's so ratchet!! I also got a chance to talk to and enjoy some great conversation with Steven Roddy from Pageant Planet and Kyle who is an amazing pageant coach! My Face of the Globe journey may have ended after three years but I am so proud to have represented my country twice in Paris!
 
(Miss Inspirational Finals- Miss Curves)
 
Straight from the coach journey back from Paris, me and Celene hit the road to Wales where she would be giving away her crown and I would be trying to gain one at the Miss Inspiration finals! it was such a long day and no sleep meant I wasn't at my A game but I am happy that I walked away with the Miss Curves inspiration award!! This brings me to The Pageant Planet. They posted a video of the FOTG final rehearsals where I was front of the stage, and the comments from all over the world about me just made my day! No negative comments but all positive about my size (as I am very different to most girls), some praised my "juicy booty", as well as call me an inspiration for them to compete as if I can do it, so can they! I am proof that curvy girls can compete and take those titles!! Once again after two years my Inspiration journey has ended with no title or placing but I have met my pageant bestie Celene through this, as well as get the Curves title!
 
(miss sparkling beauty finals )
 
Then fast forward a month and we have our very own Wiltshire beauty Queen Jade, organising her own pageant for the Rainbow Child Foundation! It was called Miss Sparkling Beauty and there were different age ranges, I was in the Ms section as I am too old for Miss! There was even a contestant from the Bus Pass Beauty Queens tv show (mega excited!) competing against me! I got to wear my Disney dress again as well as fly the Wiltshire flag in my high low! So out the awards I won:
 
Best Hair
Best Strut
Miss Charity
Miss Creative
Miss Publicity
Best Smile
 
And of course the overall title of Ms Sparkling Beauty UK 2016!! It was a great event and raised over £600 for the Rainbow Child Foundation, and I wish Jade the best of luck for the Face of the Globe Nationals in August!!
 
(Catwalk perfect finalists)
 
Now even more exciting news!! After Paris I entered a sponsorship content since I had no pageants in the pipeline and had withdrawal symptoms (a week in heels and a crown can do that to you!!) and I was picked as the winner to compete in the first Catwalk Perfect finals this September in the Ms division! I get to represent Wiltshire all over again!! So I have been very busy with my sash out and about! One appearance which sticks out to me was helping out at the BFF glitz pageant where as there was a shortage of adult contestants, I ended up borrowing a size 6 dress and squeezing my big butt into it! I also had to think of an outfit of choice so I went on stage with sunglasses and the outfit I arrived in, to "Sexy and I know it" by LMFAO. needless to say, I was the comedy section of the pageant! But I came away with queen and a big fluffy unicorn!!!!
 
(Swindon Adver)
 
I also was interviewed by our local papers who done an amazing story about the positive aspects of the pageant industry! I appeared with my little trainees who I gave been training to compete (and they did AMAZING at the glitz pageant). It's great that finally people are learning about the different types of pageants and all the charity and community work that goes into it!!
 
Well I am studying pageant books like crazy for a new piece for the Miss natural Sparkle magazine, have charity events coming up supporting my patron charity, have a weekend off for the first time in a long time and I'm now blonde!
 
Thank you for reading and see you on the flip side!!
 
 
 Love Hannah
x <3 x
Catwalk Perfect Ms Wiltshire 2016
 


No comments:

Post a Comment