Saturday 16 May 2015

So would you like to be a butterfly or spiderman?

 (Feeling summery ready for today's double appearance)

Saturday 16th May, a good day as it's 3 days until my birthday, it was very very hot which means the shorts came out and it was also the day of the Dockle's Charity fundraiser and the Royal Wootton Bassett Carnival parade!! First of all it was heading to the dockle as I was to be the face painter for the morning, painting both the children and adults of Swindon with butterflies, spiderman, rainbows and someone actually requested Elsa which I attempted (the little girl was very happy with it so it couldn't of been that bad!!)

(This was the attempted Elsa hehe)

The fundraiser was a family day out with the fire brigade and fireman sam heading down to entertain and teach all about fire safety There was also so many amazing cakes as well as a raffle, and of course face painting. The charities were CLIC Sargent and Helen Douglas House, as well as my portion of the face painting going to the Rainbow Child Foundation. Miss Wiltshire was also attending, helping organise the event and we had our picture taken for the Wetherspoons paper :) 

(Fire truck!!)

Then we had to quick change and head to Royal Wootton Bassett for the Parade! I love how much of a community Bassett really is, I loved living there and on days like this the town really come together! It seemed everyone was out watching the parade or being inolved! We had some time to spare before the start of the parade so me and Nicole got ourselves an icecream, and had a few pictures with little princesses and big bikers.

(Jade, Nicole and myself at the start!)

It was scorching!! Just seen the tanline on my wrist from my hairband :/ It was a very long walk, very glad we wore flats, although not sure if they went with my Sherri Hill dress but alternative pageant girl prefers comfort over style!!! We got to practice our royal wave and we had a marching band of spidermen behind us who provided the music and entertainment!! It was a really great event and so happy to be a part of it! As soon as I got it, I crashed and had a nap!!! Overall a really great day, raised some funds, walked in a parade and its now only a week left until the Face of the Globe SouthWest heats!! I have one more appearance and finishing off my scrapbook, as well as working working working, and maybe a bit of birthday cake!!!

(on the high street

Lots of love

Hannah 
x <3 x

Face of the Globe South West Finalist 2015

Like me on facebook: www.facebook.com/hannahgoldingbeautyqueen
Tweet on twitter: @englandperfectm
Follow on Instagram: @Hannahbarbieg

No comments:

Post a Comment