Thursday 26 September 2013

Quite possibly the best day of my pageant life!

(In the away kit in the County Ground)
Pageants have given me so much in my life. They have given me friends, the best friends which I can hang around with doing normal things, making appearances and going on holiday to have the ultimate girls week away. They have given me confidence to be able to talk to strangers, to work in promotions and to give me something different on my CV. They have given me the chance to make something of myself in the community, by helping and organising charity events, appearing in the local and national papers to modeling for different companies and making my own, Beauty and the Beast Personal Traing. It takes alot of dedication, and sometimes it is a thankless job. We spend hours in the rain and the cold, emailing and calling hundreds for sponsorships with nothing in return but then there are days like this day where I thank my lucky stars I never gave up! 

(Miss Swindon Sisters)
Swindon hosted Chelsea in the Capital One Cup at our very own County Ground. This was one of Swindon's biggest matches in over 20 years! And us Miss Swindon sisters were invited to spend the whole day and night at the County Ground. Jade is working alot with Swindon Town FC throughout the year and I am so proud that she has made these connections. I have been involved with Swindon Town during my previous reins, from modeling for them on their kit launch to spending the day at their big day out, meeting all the players. But this day, just supasses anything I have done! We were given our own kits, Jade wore home and I wore away and we had a nice tour, then helped with the Free Kicks for Kids which was so sweet. This is in association with Samsung who run these all over the country, we have one here in Swindon which is great for youth football! 

(In the home dug out!)
We spent the rest preparing the tables, talking to the chairman and generally having a snoop around whilst having our pictures taken by the dad's wanting their sons to have a picture with the two Miss Swindon's. We were then asked to come onto the pitch with all of the players, which was being shown LIVE on Sky Sports 2. To say we were literally screaming with happiness was an understatement but we showed our cool well, well until they were out of sight!!!

(Holding the cup!!)
We quickly redid our makeup to calm down, then were given our flags and waited in the dug out, the other samsung crew walked around the pitch whilst we were told to stay in the dug out. Thank goodness we did, we got to meet EVERYONE!! Torres, Eto, Terry, one called us queens and jose had a conversation, starting with "Hello ladies...". We just looked at each other like wow, is this actually happening!!!

(waving the samsung flag)
Then it was the time to go onto the pitch in front of nearly 15,000 fans waving the flags. Then they all came past, and I even got on the telly!! I had told everyone to try and record it, pictures just in case and the camera was panning alongside the chelsea players and there I was!! We then left the pitch and sat in our front row seats for an exciting game!! Swindon held their own, just such a shame Chelsea got two lucky goals in the first half. They played great football! We were invited to go on at half time to join the mascots penalty shoot out and a sweet little girl got upset so it was miss swindon's to the rescue to comfort her. 

(on the telly!)
We changed at half time from our kits and watched the rest of the match, as well as afterwards help hand out games to the mascots and even got asked for our autographs! We then went to the VIP lounge and chilled with some of the players and the directors with a rose before leaving, almost 12 hours later. We had the best day ever at the county ground, and show's that some people do care about pageants. We were treated with respect and treated well, and were invited back to watch the next Swindon home game, this time we have the tops to watch!! 


Facebook: facebook.com/hannahgoldingbeautyqueen
Twitter: EnglandperfectM
Website: Beautyandthebeastpt.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment