Sunday 16 November 2014

Miss South West Inspirational finals AKA the moment I became Sandra Bullock

There is something I love more than pageants, I know!! More than the sparkling crowns, dresses, heels and T Stance poses, there is something that makes me feel so calm and happy and that is the beach! All the memories of when you were younger, going on holiday and topping up your tan (or in my case, sleeping on your morning off at Cherry Bay with a milkshake). What was amazing about this pageant day was it was at Weston Super Mare, on the pier!!! One of the best venues I have ever competed in! Getting off the station I was reminded about coming here 4 years ago with my friends to the T4 festival and getting lost for over any hour, now technology in the form of an I phone got me to the pier easy! 

(With two of the gorge Woman contestants, made my day fun!!)

As soon as I had arrived, I knew this was a pageant different to any one I had done! Everyone was so diverse, different, interesting but most of all so happy to be there! No backstage dramas, everyone wanted to help each other, in a genuine way! We had some pageant coaching as well as our interviews! I wish I had not babbled so much in my interview as I had so many things planned in my head, but still I came across as bubbly and happy to be there, which of course I was!! We had plenty of time to get ready, I should of gone on some of the rides! We did have chips on the pier of course, and I had some pancakes with Cola and Haribo flavour Ice cream?! Crazy hey! First round was purple, pink or white tshirt with leggings for the opening, leggings I always worry about as over my big bottom they always go see through! Lucky H&M sell ultra thick ones!! 

(Mixture of Mini, Teen, Miss and Woman in Opening round outfits)

We were lucky enough before the final to be treated to a firework display from the pier, our dressing room had amazing views, was very chilling if you wanted to stand on the pier though! And I always get a red nose if I stand in the cold for a second! Not a good look on stage aha! So after the fireworks, straight to the show! We all went out together, then by ourselves to introduce ourselves! I was afraid my shoes were going to slip off but I was confident, strutted and may have perfected a t stance?!! haha then rush off to change into fashion wear!! The change over time was simply not there!! It was ultra quick!!! 

(My Disney Dress <3)

I saw after I took my selfie (after the round, there was no time beforehand) that I kept my opening round necklace on, where my disney dress had a necklace already sewn it! Double banded aha! I loved wearing my dress, so many compliments which means the world since it took so long to make!! I loved walking on stage, defo did a twirl in it too!! Last round was of course the evening wear round! I got to wear my cream jovani which of course comes from Stardust Boutique! Needed alot of body tape as its a bit too big on top for me but fits fine on the bottom half (big booty problems aha) and I loved my eleelegantlk, esp with a Ruth turn as well ;) One last walk on stage and then interval for all the scores to be counted up!!

(Evening gown selfie!)

After some amazing singing, raffle prizes, we were all called up and prizes given out! I didnt win the main category which wasn't surprising to myself as I had only entered last minute, usually I am publicity queen, but the winner Maria truly deserved it and shows it is not judged just on looks, but on everything which is what a beauty pageant should be! Beauty on the inside as well as the outside! Maria has an amazing charity journey challenge with the pageant being one, and now gets to walk with her 50s glam again ;) 

(Like the movie!!)

I did win one of the best awards in any pageant which is Miss Congeniality!! This award is voted by all the girls backstage and the fact I won even though I spent half the day being my normal, weird self just means the world to me! From someone who has social anxiety and depression, getting the chance to enter such a great pageant and come away with an amazing award makes me proud! Also I will be going to the finals in March! So I will get to see all these faces again!!

(From my first to my last... of 2014 anyways!)

Looking back at where I first started my love affair with pageants, to where I am now (I Have eyebrows which is a relief!! haha) it makes me feel blessed that I have been able to compete with such amazing people, travel all over the Uk and even branch out to Paris! I have raised thousands for different charities, made life long pageant friends as well as calling some my best friends, as well as make Wiltshire proud! I have overcome my shyness around new people that I have been able to successfully complete a season abroad as a rep where you kinda HAVE to speak to new people! I wouldnt have the confidence to do that if I hadn't of competed! My smile still stays the same, as each and every competition I am gratefgratefulve something fufilling in my life! Plus I get to be a princess and live my childhood dreams!! If you want to enter one, do it! It will honesty be a life changer! Now I have the challenge of March 2015 UK finals, a massive charity event but most of all finding a job that will let me be a princess!! 

Lots of love
Hannah
x <3 x

Like on facebook: www.facebook.com/hannahgoldingbeautyqueen
Tweet on twitter; @englandperfectm
Follow on Instagram: Hannahbarbieg
Tumblr: Wiltshirebeautyqueen

No comments:

Post a Comment